The File API gives web applications an access to the filesystem-level information about the files that the user decides to share with the application, i.e. size, MIME type, modification date, content, without sending the file to the server.
- Returns a collection of file objects that were selected by the user using
<input type="file">DOM element.
- Returns the original name of the file, without the path.
- Returns the file size in bytes.
- Returns the file's MIME type.
- Returns the file's last modification date.
- Initiates a process of reading the file and encoding its content as text.
- An event fired when the reading operation has completed successfully. The data read is available via